I finished my shirt on Saturday at my last sewing class. I really like the way it turned out. There is still lots of room for practice and perfecting but I am feeling much more confident sewing. Now if only the pattern gave a good idea of the way it would fit in reality. Got it home and tried it on, and it was 1 to 2 inches lower in the bodice area then I would ever be comfortable wearing. I'm thinking I might be able to add something or alter it a little but I definitely need a solid plan before it try to make it wearable. Oh well it was good practice.
I also finally got Devon's new blanket pieced together. The boy loves any thing that moves but most especially planes, trains, and trucks - what can I saw he is pure boy! I found these cute blocks several months ago and my mom very kindly embroidered them for me (thanks again mom!). Devon helped me pick out all the material to finish it off back in February and I finally got the blocks pieced together. Now all I have to do is get it quilted, Yeah! I'd better hurry though Devon would really, really like his blanket.